Neighbors in crisis helped by Together We Cope
- recently unemployed workers
- elderly and disabled people on fixed incomes
- grandparents unexpectedly raising children again
- victims of fire and other disasters
- single parents trying to make ends meet
- people facing catastrophic medical expenses
- underemployed workers without benefits
For example, neighbors injured on the job, may have to stay at home for weeks to recover and during this time will receive no income, or greatly-reduced income. This is the kind of temporary crisis that Together We Cope and Nu2u can help with.
Nu2u Resale Shop is the thrift store of Together We Cope
- Our primary purpose at Nu2u Resale Shop, is to raise funds that will be used by Together We Cope to help their client families and individuals get through a temporary crisis.
- Our secondary purpose provides bargain shopping and high-quality resale items for local shoppers and bargain hunters.
Many times, clients of Together We Cope are able to shop at Nu2u for clothing and housewares using cash vouchers provided to them by client services at TWC and they are also eligible to receive food from the TWC food pantry. Shopping in this manner, without having to pay hard-earned cash for food, clothing and housewares, helps clients stretch their budgets during a time of temporary crisis, until they are able to get back to self-sufficiency.
Nu2u Resale Shop does its best to maintain high quality
All of the items on our shelves and sales floor have been inspected two or three times by our volunteers, looking for broken or missing parts, strong odors, stains, tears, rips, pet hair or other unacceptable defects.
I Have Been Donating to This Agency & Store for Several Years, (Since Hurricane Katrina). They Have Continuously been a Beacon of Hope for the Many who are Facing “Trials & Tribulations” of Various Sorts. Good People, Good Store, Good Cause. — Eugenia
If you live in one of these communities, Together We Cope has helped your neighbor
Alsip, Blue Island, Bridgeview, Chicago Ridge, Country Club Hills, Crestwood, Evergreen Park, Garden Homes, Harvey, Hazel Crest, Hickory Hills, Hometown, Homewood, Markham, Merrionette Park, Midlothian, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Orland Hills, Orland Park, Palos Heights, Palos Hills, Palos Park, Posen, Robbins, Tinley Park, and Worth.
Nu2u is the resale shop of Together We Cope. Every purchase made at Nu2u helps Together We Cope assist neighbors in need in four townships bounded by 87th street on the north to 183rd Street on the South, and between Will-Cook Road (County Line Road) on the west and Western Avenue on the east. Residents of this area (excluding the Mt. Greenwood neighborhood) are eligible for assistance from Together We Cope.